Concrete Grain Silo Roof Repair & Coating in Benson, IL
- Repair & coat the roofs of 2 large concrete grain silos.
- Our client, a large farmers association in Illinois, had concrete silos with cracked, leaking roofs that were leading to grain spoilage & loss of revenue. We were contracted to repair all cracks & spalls on the rooftops then apply an elastomeric coating as a protective barrier against the elements.
- Extensive pre-job planning meetings with client, vendors, & employees.
- Completely remove existing failing coating with a 6000 psi power wash.
- Hand tool & power tool all exposed rebar and coat with a rust encapsulant.
- Saw cut perimeter of all spalls & fill with repair mortar.
- Grind out all cracks & fill with a polyurethane joint compound.
- Replace flashing around all roof protrusions & vents using Uniflex Premium Elastomeric Flashing coating and Uniflex Polyester Fabric.
- Paint all vents, piping, and metal structures with 2 coats Myo-Aluminum.
- Prime roof area with one coat acrylic concrete primer.
- Apply 2 coats solvent based, white elastomeric coating.
- Broadcast aggregate into top coat to create an anti-slip surface.
- We are able to provide a 10 year warranty dependent on yearly inspections.
- Silo roofs no longer leak, protecting the contents inside, thereby stopping the loss of revenue due to spoilage.
- The reflective white coating will help silos stay cooler in higher temperatures.
- Client satisfaction with the finished product has led to other projects within their organization & referrals within the grain & feed industry.