Commercial Roof Coating Services in Dallas - Adding Style and Protection!
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
We all know that exterior paint and coatings are your property’s first line of defense against the elements. They also protect your investments from premature decay, moisture intrusion, avoidable repairs, and offer the added benefit of enhancing aesthetic value as well.
While you’re considering your exterior maintenance strategy, it can be a little too easy at times to overlook the importance of maintaining your roof. Few surfaces are put through the wringer as severely, bearing the brunt of wind, rain, and damaging UV rays.
Here in Dallas, sun damage is a particularly extreme threat. As a case in point, let’s take a closer look at a roof coating project we just wrapped up for the famous State Fair Park in Dallas, home of The Cotton Bowl.
Selecting and Applying the Best Roof Coating System in Dallas
While we have extensive industry knowledge and experience, we also value our professional partnerships with dedicated product experts. In this case, estimator Paul Cook collaborated closely with one of our Sherwin-Williams reps, taking this Dallas structure’s specific needs and environmental conditions into consideration while picking the best coating system. The harsh elements and Texas sun were our primary concerns.
Our process, and the products we chose, are below!
- First, we properly prepared the corrugated roofs
- We then tarped the area to collect any debris during the prep process
- Next, we power washed all items that were to be coated with a minimum pressure of 6000 PSI, achieving a cleanliness level of WJ-4
- Adjacent surfaces were masked as needed to protect from drips and overspray
- On to the coating! We started by applying 1 coat of Sherwin WIlliams Pro-Cryl Primer at 7 wet mls
- We then applied 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Multi-Surface Acrylic at 5 wet mls per coat
- All our work was completed per the manufacturer's application procedures, and OSHA safety regulations
At the end of the process, we completed a thorough post-project walk with both our client and the Sherwin-Williams rep. The job was a total success, and talks are already underway about the next project we can complete for them.
Do You Have a Question About Roof Coatings or Coating Procedures?
We’re here to help, and are always happy to discuss your project goals with you. Contact our team at Painters USA today!