Concrete Polishing for an Industrial Property Manager in Elk Grove Village, IL
Monday, July 20, 2015
This particular client contacted us because they needed a little work done to their property before a new tenant took occupancy. In the world of industrial services, however, these “touch-ups” look a little different. In this case, we were asked to provide concrete polishing services.
Let’s back up a little first and take a look at exactly what value concrete polishing offers.
Why Should You Consider Concrete Polishing?
- This is a fantastic way to totally refresh your floor
- It is easier to keep clean, and doesn’t provide the hiding places for dust, dirt, and allergens that a worn or damaged surface does
- Resists stains and marks from equipment
- Extends the lifespan of your concrete
- Reduces moisture transmission issues
- It looks great!
- It’s a faster process than applying a coating, offering an attractive turnaround time
- Concrete polishing provides a long-term solution and a better return over time (it’s not just a quick fix!)
What Does Our Concrete Polishing Process Look Like?
Because surface preparation is a key component in a quality job, we began with grinding and filling all cracks with a specialized repair caulk.
We then polished the floor with a 6-step diamond grinding process. As an intermediate step we also added a densifier to increase the concrete’s PSI by 2,000. This kind of durability and strength is invaluable in an industrial environment where floors work very, very hard.
Can We Help You with Your Industrial Flooring Need?
The team here at Painters USA offers a variety of expert painting, flooring, and coating services. How can we serve you?