Dry Ice Blasting and Painting of a Food Production Area in Illinois
Friday, January 10, 2020
When it comes to cleaning and painting a food production area, there are a number of key considerations involved. Time is certainly one, as you need your maintenance performed in a way that minimally impacts your busy schedule.
As a property owner or manager, you also have specific sanitation guidelines - our Painters USA team is familiar with these parameters.
With cleanliness and performance in mind, we typically utilize dry ice blasting for this kind of specialized surface prep.
What Are the Benefits of Dry Ice Blasting in Food Production Environments?
Here are biggest advantages:
- It’s dry, meaning that it poses no threat to more sensitive electronic components
- It’s also clean, with no residue or debris to clean up
- The adjustable cleaning force is ideal, making it the right fit for a variety of surfaces and objectives
Dry Ice Blasting in Action
Let’s take a closer look at a project we recently finished for a food production area in Illinois. And, be sure to review the photos above as well.
In addition to the typical considerations that we shared, we also had an extremely tight deadline during a scheduled shutdown. And, our focus was on the ceiling, making project containment and protection of the machinery and equipment below absolutely imperative.
Our team was more than up for the challenge!
- First, we hung plastic curtains in the doorways and openings around our work area
- We then covered all of the equipment, floors, sprinkler heads, and inventory around and under us
- We then blasted the ceiling to remove loose and peeling paint, as well as thoroughly clean before applying fresh paint
- We sprayed the ceiling with a dry fall product
- Finally, we cleaned up and disposed of our plastic
Mission accomplished! This unique process simplified a large, complex, time-sensitive project, delivering just the results our client needed.
If you have a question about your property maintenance needs, contact the Painters USA team today. It would be our pleasure to serve you!