Industrial Concrete Solutions – Machine Foundations and Bases for Heavy Equipment in Illinois
Thursday, January 05, 2017
Here at Painters USA, we are very proud of our massive variety of services. Our extensive training and certification programs, workforce, and expertise allow us to really be the one-stop-shop for our clients’ industrial cleaning, painting, and flooring needs. This keeps things simple for you and your maintenance strategy, which is, after all, our primary goal.
Working with concrete is certainly a specialty of ours. To see what we mean, be sure to explore Redimere Surface Solutions, the latest branch of our family of services.
This particular concrete application involved creating a foundation for a 1,650 ton plastic injection molding press. Needless to say, there were numerous special considerations involved.
Let’s take a look!
Pouring a Concrete Base for Heavy Industrial Machinery
These were a few of the key aspects of the process:
- The 22’ x 10.5’ x 2.5’ deep foundation needed to be slightly sloped toward an integral oil collection trench.
- Using preformed foam molds, we accommodated 22 blockouts for drop-in anchor bolts.
- To avoid thermal cracking, we had to carefully maintain the proper temperature differential between the internal and external concrete. We used thermocouples during the initial curing process, and also used a custom concrete mix design that helped slow the setting time.
- Two thicknesses of insulation blankets were placed over the fresh concrete to assist with temperature regulation.
- As a final step, we grouted the press on the main support channels, and at those 22 block-out anchor locations that we mentioned above.
Perhaps best of all, this involved project was completed while the facility was in operation, avoiding any interruption to their production.
We Can Provide Concrete Answers To Your Industrial Flooring and Maintenance Needs
We encourage you to contact us about your specific industrial painting, flooring, and coating goals. It would be a pleasure to serve you!