Industrial Painting of a Dust Collector in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Area
Monday, December 04, 2017
As an industrial painting company, corrosion control is one of our areas of expertise that is most called for by our clients. Corrosion is always a threat, but particularly so for those regions and/or environments that place a heavy strain on metal surfaces.
In this case, one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of wood and wood-alternative products contacted us to help transform and protect select industrial equipment and support structures. These exterior elements, left exposed to the Texas elements, were badly rusted and faded. This kind of work is right in our wheelhouse, making even larger, more complex jobs a simple task for our experienced team.
Plus, we knew that our proven corrosion control processes were exactly what this industrial facility needed.
What Does Industrial Corrosion Control Look Like?
Specifically, our work involved preparing and coating the Cyclone Dust Collector, Cyclone frame, bin, and railing.
Here’s a closer look at our process:
- First, we power washed all the surfaces with a 6000 PSI stream. This removed chalking, rust scale, and other contaminants that would get in the way of secure adhesion.
- Next, we mechanically tool cleaned to ensure that the substrate was totally ready for primer.
- We then applied one coat of epoxy primer, followed by one coat of semi-gloss urethane.
- Our client supplied a logo template - after application we applied two more coats of the urethane coating over the logo.
- We met all of the manufacturer’s application specifications, and (as always!) complied with OSHA safety regulations.
With the brutal Texas sun in mind, we used an ultra high-gloss urethane topcoat for extreme gloss retention. Not only does it look fantastic, but it will hold up well despite the strain of the UV rays.
Let’s Discuss Your Industrial Painting and Coating Needs
Our goal is to unite our skill, experience, knowledge, and nationwide capabilities to serve you just as effectively as possible. Contact our friendly team to discuss your own industrial painting, coating, or corrosion control needs today!