Machine and Equipment Painting in Houston Texas
Friday, January 26, 2018
Machinery and equipment painting is the unsung hero of a successful maintenance strategy.
Sure, it’s aesthetically pleasing, but making sure your industrial equipment shines offers a number of other practical benefits:
- Clean, cared for machinery will last longer
- Cleaning and painting on a routine basis helps keep your production lines operating at full speed
- Freshly-painted machinery also make hydraulic leaks more obvious, since there is no coating of grease and grime to obscure your view
- It’s easier and more cost-effective to maintain clean equipment than dirty equipment
- Routine cleaning and painting is also part of any 6S, ISO 9001, and lean manufacturing program
Let’s take a look at a real-life example!
Industrial Equipment Cleaning and Painting
This corrugated box manufacturer in Houston decided it was time to give their well-worn equipment a little needed TLC. Specifically, they asked us to clean and paint their machinery, conveyors, and catwalks.
This process included the following steps:
- Prep! This began with cleaning the surface with Simple Green and terri cloths
- After the surfaces were ready, we scuffed the areas to be painted, just to create a profile that the paint could really adhere to
- We then applied two coats of Sherwin-Williams’ Pro Industrial Urethane
- We also worked during off hours and around their existing work schedule, ensuring that we didn’t inhibit their operations
The photos in the slideshow above speak for themselves! The transformation was a drastic one.
Let’s Discuss Your Industrial Painting and Maintenance Needs
We’re here to serve you, accommodate your schedule, and help make your maintenance strategy a success. Contact us today to begin discussing your unique goals and needs!