Machine Cleaning and Painting on a Large Scale
Friday, March 29, 2019
If this hits close to home for you, make sure you peruse these resources when you have a moment:
- How Are Your Tanks and Silos Looking After Another Harsh Winter?
- Spring Is Almost Here - What’s in Your Exterior Maintenance Plan?
- Industrial Cleaning Maintenance Programs: Add a Little Sparkle To Your Spring!
And this isn’t just important for your exterior surfaces, either. Spring offers a prime opportunity for interior cleaning and painting as well, including your machinery.
How about an example? Take a quick trip with us to Chicago!
Cleaning and Painting Over 50 Machines in a Chicago Manufacturing Facility
We were contracted to clean over 50 machines for this Chicago-area facility, and in order to minimally impact their operations we developed a strategy to paint one at a time. Each machine was moved to a fully-enclosed workspace that we set up to contain our work, using floor-to-ceiling plastic sheathing. We also used electric fans to reduce odors and keep the air circulating as we worked.
Our process included:
- Deep cleaning of the surfaces, by hand in many cases, using a combination of dusting and degreasing.
- We then lightly sanded to create the right profile before coating.
- Masked all components that were not to be painted.
- Applied 1-2 coats of JC Inviropoxy Perfection with an electrostatic sprayer.
- We then removed all masking, and cleaned up our workspace.
We also kept a careful record of our work, presented to the client in spreadsheet format, signed off by our foreman and a designated client representative. This assured that the work met all of our standards.
How Can We Meet Your Industrial Painting and Coating Needs?
Let’s discuss your project! We do encourage you to reach out soon, locking in your project dates before our spring and summer schedule fill completely.